Position Open Until Filled
Do you want to build your resume, gain leadership skills, and make a difference at A local non-profit?
If so, apply for this amazing opportunity to become a VISTA, which is funded through AmeriCorps (stateside version of the Peace Corps). You will work closely with other VISTAs to build Boys & Girls Club of Kootenai County's College Bound program. College Bound targets middle and high school students to provide information and resources about the benefits of higher education.
- Set-up a case management system for College Bound
- Determine the necessary elements each file should have
- Create starting files for each participant
- Work to assure files are maintained and students are on track
- Oversee volunteer coordination
- Recruit, place, and track volunteers to be case managers
- Plan and implement
- Special workshops
- Guest speaker presentations
- Special events (university visits, college fairs, etc).
- This is a full-time 1-year service opportunity (March 03, 2018 - March 03, 2019)
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hours per week
- 9am - 6pm
- Some minor flexibility allowed
- Night and weekend hours may be required for occasional special events
- Pay is $990/month (before taxes)
- Must pass background check
- An Education Award of $5,775 for past loans or future education OR a Cash Stipend of approximately $1,500 will be awarded at completion of service
- Federal student loan deferment and interest on loans paid while serving
- 10 personal and 10 medical leave days
- Most national holidays observed
- Healthcare allowance up to $6,600 for out-of-pocket qualified medical costs (not premiums), VISTAs are required to maintain their own health insurance during service
- Settling in / Relocation reimbursement (if eligible)
- Childcare reimbursement up to $400/month per child (if eligible)
Steps to Apply
- Create a new member account at https://my.americorps.gov.
- In your My AmeriCorps portal, create a new application under the "Applications" tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- Submit your application to the "Boys & Girls Club College Bound Volunteer Coordinator" listing. You can find this listing either by searching for it under the "Search Listing" tab OR opening the "Apply Here" link below in a new browser tab.
Please note: By clicking "Apply Here" on the link below, you will create a My AmeriCorps profile, which is ONLY Step #1 in the process to apply. You must still create a general application and then apply directly to our specific position listing.
Contact Nicole Hammons with any questions this position.
We are taking interviews now.
Nicole Hammons - Director of Development
208-618-2582 ext. 110