VISTA Marketing & Outreach Coordinator
Position Open Until Filled
Do you want to build your resume, gain leadership skills, and make a difference at A local non-profit?
If so, apply for this amazing opportunity to become a VISTA, which is funded through AmeriCorps (stateside version of the Peace Corps). You will work closely with other VISTAs to build Boys & Girls Club of Kootenai County's College Bound program. College Bound targets middle and high school students to provide information and resources about the benefits of higher education.
- Create marketing materials for use in promoting the College Bound Program
- Work closely with schools, newspapers, and other media outlets to generate publicity
- Seek new relationships with other youth-serving agencies in Kootenai County
- Present the details of the College Bound Program to interested parties
- Recruit new participants to the College Bound Program
- Secure arrangements to build "College Corners" in various locations throughout the community
- Once new locations are secured for "College Corners"
- Set-up the physical program space
- Work with organizations on special requirements
- Set-up onsite promotion
- This is a full-time 1-year service opportunity
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hours per week
- 9am - 6pm
- Some minor flexibility allowed
- Night and weekend hours may be required for occasional special events
- Pay is $990/month (before taxes)
- Must pass background check
- An Education Award of $5,775 for past loans or future education OR a Cash Stipend of approximately $1,500 will be awarded at completion of service
- Federal student loan deferment and interest on loans paid while serving
- 10 personal and 10 medical leave days
- Most national holidays observed
- Healthcare allowance up to $6,600 for out-of-pocket qualified medical costs (not premiums), VISTAs are required to maintain their own health insurance during service
- Settling in / Relocation reimbursement (if eligible)
- Childcare reimbursement up to $400/month per child (if eligible)
Contact Nicole Hammons with any questions this position.
We are taking interviews now.
Nicole Hammons - Director of Development
208-618-2582 ext. 110