Vista resource development coordinator
Do you want to build your resume, gain leadership skills, and make a difference at A local non-profit?
If so, apply for this amazing opportunity to become a VISTA, which is funded through AmeriCorps (stateside version of the Peace Corps). You will work closely with other VISTAs to build Boys & Girls Club of Kootenai County's College Bound program. College Bound targets middle and high school students to provide information and resources about the benefits of higher education.
- Secure new donors and business partners to help implement the College Bound Program
- Research new grant opportunities
- Review and utilize existing grant opportunities
- Write and secure grants
- Build a pool of resources for graduating seniors that include scholarships, financial aid, and special awards
- Create a physical and online resource library of references for College Bound participants
- This is a full-time 1-year service opportunity (March 03, 2018 - March 02, 2019)
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hours per week
- 9am - 5pm
- Some minor flexibility allowed
- Night and weekend hours may be required for occasional special events
- Pay is $990/month (before taxes)
- Must pass background check
- An Education Award of $5,775 for past loans or future education OR a Cash Stipend of approximately $1,500 will be awarded at completion of service
- Federal student loan deferment and interest on loans paid while serving
- 10 personal and 10 medical leave days
- Most national holidays observed
- Healthcare allowance up to $6,600 for out-of-pocket qualified medical costs (not premiums), VISTAs are required to maintain their own health insurance during service
- Settling in / Relocation reimbursement (if eligible)
- Childcare reimbursement up to $400/month per child (if eligible)
Steps to Apply
- Create a new member account at https://my.americorps.gov.
- In your My AmeriCorps portal, create a new application under the "Applications" tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- Submit your application to the "Boys & Girls Club of Kootenai County College Bound Program" listing. You can find this listing either by searching for it under the "Search Listing" tab OR opening the "Apply Here" link below in a new browser tab.
Please note: By clicking "Apply Here" on the link below, you will create a My AmeriCorps profile, which is ONLY Step #1 in the process to apply. You must still create a general application and then apply directly to our specific position listing.
Contact Nicole Hammons with any questions this position.
We are taking interviews now.
Nicole Hammons - Director of Development
208-618-2582 ext. 110