Position open until filled. Apply as soon as possible to be considered.
Community Outreach Coordinator
The Community Outreach Coordinator will seek, recruit, train and work with individual volunteers and business groups to create and promote new program opportunities for each club as well as increase new fundraising opportunities and community relationships. In addition, assist in the planning and execution of all minor and major Club events..
HOURS| Part time 20-25 hours per week (with opportunity for future growth). Monday-Friday schedule with some evenings and weekends required.
Pay Range | $12.00-14.00/hr
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
General/Non fundraising related duties:
· Follow up with vendor’s volunteers, and items (inventory) prior to event.
· Recruit staff, via Branch Directors and YDPs, for weekend/evening sign ups and information booths.
· Assist The Development Director and Executive Director with Thank You cards, follow up notes, invoices, or other tasks that arise.
· Assist with special events at both club locations and offsite events.
· Actively search out new fundraising opportunities through business, foundations and other opportunities.
· Produce monthly Volunteer newsletter.
· Assist in posting all volunteer opportunities online.
· Seek, recruit and train new volunteers, including business groups.
· Set up and execute existing new volunteer orientation. Assist in the re-design of volunteer orientation to create a high-energy process.
· Follow up with all volunteer inquiries.
· Run volunteer screenings and background checks with Verified Volunteers.
· Track all volunteer information in current data management system.
· Document volunteer activity for use in annual reports, social media posts, and future recruiting activity.
· Send thank you cards to volunteers and groups on a set schedule.
• Prepare monthly volunteer report on volunteer activity, hours and outreach
Fund-raising events (Auction/Spring Party)
· Assist in secure items for silent auction.
· Work in Auction and Donor Management software for all aspects of auction, including ticket sales, sponsorships, item descriptions, refunds, and general questions from donors and bidders.
· Monitor accounts payable and invoice as necessary.
· Recruit and manage cleanup team post event.
· Process all thank you messages in a timely fashion.
· Compile auction sales tax information for submission to HR/Finance Director.
· Assist in year-end tax documentation distribution to our donors.
· Abide by Club’s policies, procedures, and federal and state laws
· Attend staff and committee meetings, and other Club events
· Promote special programs and/or events
· Participate in the implementation of other program activities as necessary (which may include some weekends).
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with the administrative staff, to receive/provide information, discuss issues, instruct and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain high level of professional conduct while dealing with community leaders, volunteers and donors.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· Two years of experience with data entry, outcome measurement, and customer relations.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire.
· Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
· Can work independently.
· Experience in assisting with organizing and planning events highly preferred.
· Pass background check
· Clerical or secretarial experience highly preferred.
· Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Maintain the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and learn quickly.
· Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Apple products.
· Mobility to stand, stoop, reach and bend; hand dexterity to grasp small objects; ability to stand for long periods and the ability to lift 30 Lbs.
· Group leadership skills and understanding of group dynamics.